[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] getting from DBF to SQLite

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 9 09:16:57 EDT 2012

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012, RichardC wrote:

> Is it is possible to set a single SQLite database for the entire GRASS GIS
> database or each mapset requires its own sqlite db file?

   No. You can have multiple tables in each SQLite database.

> Currently, I'm using v6.4.2 which uses DBF by default. Is there a command
> that can switch the installation to using SQLite as the default, so that
> mapsets in subsequently created locations will use Sqlite? Or I need to
> reconfigure the installation (i.e., the ./configure options prior to
> make/make install)?

   db.connect and db.login. You should have ~/.grasslogin64 file with the
driver, database, username, and password. Each time you invoke GRASS it will
be the default backend.

   I use postgres rather than sqlite for my spatial analyses and I have a
separate database for each project. But, within a project all locations and
mapsets are accessible from the single database.

Rich