[GRASS-user] r.watershed: output basin map

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:55:01 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
>
>  Actually, I fear that nature doesn't really care about politic boundaries
>>

>  No, but national data sets do.
>
>  The basin to the west of the top-most white area also does not include the
> mouth of the main stem shown, but it's colored as a basin. Further to the
> southwest, is another white, non-basin that should be included.

If I understand, the blue lines are the "natural" rivers, which may differ
from the calculated stream network. Maybe could be useful to display the
calculated stream network in order to understand the logic that the
algorithm may have followed creating those basins.
Further, I would also give a try using r.stream.basins.

madi

>  Perhaps I need to play more with the r.watershed threshold value.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Ing. Margherita Di Leo, Ph.D.