[GRASS-user] DTM with contour lines and points

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 18:51:38 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I usually use v.surf.rst to build DTM from contour lines. However, this time I have, in addition to the contour lines, a wide range of elevation points.

How can I use isolines and points at the same time to generate the DTM?

I thought a way to get around, which is to convert the contours to equally spaced points and join these points whith the elevation points layer. Is there a more correct and straightforward way to do?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio