[GRASS-user] Adding rows to vector map attribute table

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Mon Apr 23 14:56:53 EDT 2012

Hi Ric.

I pretty much never work with vectors any more, so I can't verify this
without doing a lot of work. I do believe hat GRASS doesn't necessarily
need a cat column to get by, though - I'm pretty sure it takes the FID
column as is from shapefiles, for example. Which would lead me to think it
doesn't require a primary key. This also makes sense because GRASS vectors
are stored independently of an attribute table in the traditional sense of
the word, if I've understood things currectly. Why don't you try it out?
I'd also be interested to see if GRASS updates the cat column.

Best,
*Daniel*

--
B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Softwarecenter 3
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269