[GRASS-user] GRASS crashing after choosing mapset

Kurt Menke kurt at birdseyeviewgis.com
Thu Apr 26 09:28:27 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have installed GRASS via OSGeo4W with the Express installation, in a lab
for use in a college FOSS4G course this summer. When I try to run GRASS it
initially opens, lets you choose your GRASS database, location and mapset
then crashes.

Trying to launch the gui from commandline I get this error:

GRASS module g.proj not found. Unable to start map display window.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to troubleshoot/solve would
be greatly appreciated.  The machines are running the 64 bit version of
windows.

Thanks.
Kurt

Kurt Menke, GISP