[GRASS-user] Re: 6.4.2 packages for Debian/squeeze (was: Trouble installing add-ons)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 00:35:09 EDT 2012

Alessandro wrote:
>>> I'm getting the following message when trying to install
>>> GRASS add-ons in my Debian Squeeze using g.extension.
Hamish:
>> since 6.4.2 is not at backports.org yet, I will build it
>> for squeeze and post a link to the .debs.
..
>> have a try with these:  (amd64/squeeze only)
>> http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass64/binary/linux/debian/squeeze/

Alessandro
> In the fist note above ("você está usando a distribuição
> instável") means that the trouble is due to the fact that I am
> using the unstable distribution.

the debs I built are only for Debian/stable (ie squeeze).
Since Debian/unstable (ie sid) is a quickly moving target I
won't post packages for that, but it is easy to build them
yourself if you like, instructions are here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/tags/release_20120219_grass_6_4_2/debian/README.debian

for 6.4.2 packages you may want to 'svn checkout' the release tag
instead of the 6.4 release branch, the choice is up to you, just
make sure that the version in the top line of the debian/changelog
matches.

good luck,
Hamish