[GRASS-user] problem during addon installation

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 23:20:31 EDT 2012

Marcello wrote:
> I have a problem when trying to install an addon, but not know
> why GRASS doesn't create the correct directory structure to
> begin compiling the extension. The problem is shown on the
> following link:
>
> http://pastebin.com/GjTPERq3

[
* grass 6.4svn, g.extension.sh, r.stream.order;
* error happens while trying to install the $module.1 man page
  into $GRASS_ADDON_PATH;
* g.ex.sh is identical in 6.4.2, 6.4svn, and 6.5svn
]

I've tested in 6.4.2 and 6.4svn & it works fine for me, both for
building and installing it.

it seems to have installed ok for you, just failed on installing
the man page, which is non-fatal for you if not so for the script.
look in $GRASS_ADDON_PATH/bin/ for the program, just move it one
dir up and you should be good to go. The html version of the help
page installed ok too. (sans image, but that's another issue)

make sure in your $GISBASE that ./tools/g.html2man is a script and
not a directory containing the script. If so, please remove your
install dir (or simply 'make distclean' if not installed) and
try rebuilding/installing grass from scratch so the old directory
does not get in the way. [I suspect you would have seen an
earlier error if that was the case, but worth checking]

also make sure that half-installed components are removed from
$GRASS_ADDON_PATH and its subdirectories before trying again.

?,
Hamish