[GRASS-user] Displaying site_name on r.watershed output basins map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 30 17:34:44 EDT 2012

   One output map from r.watersheds is identified basins. I want to use this
output for input to r.basin to calculate descriptors for each one. When I
query the output map I am shown a numeric site_name for each calculated
basin (see attached map with vector streams overlaid).

   Is there a way to display the site_name on each colored basin? This would
make it much easier to communicate basin descriptions by illustrating where
each basin is located in the area. I've looked through the list of r.*
modules and did not find one that would do this task.

Thanks,

Rich