[GRASS-user] Request for GRASS GIS case studies

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 2 11:04:14 PDT 2012

Dear all,

since outstanding things are done with GRASS GIS, we should better
showcase the capabilities of this software. I would like to
propose to write up case studies in the Wiki which would, at the
same time, give visibility to you, your company or institution.

Examples:
- PostGIS case studies:
    http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/casestudies/
- QGIS case studies:
    http://qgis.org/en/community/qgis-case-studies.html

Also non-english case studies are fine! If possible we may translate
them to different languages - the Wiki supports multiple languages.

Random ideas:
- GRASS usage in public administration
- massive data analysis
- attractive visualization
- ... unlimited further ideas :)

They should have a CC-ShareAlike or similar license to make it
easy to the press to pick it up and republish elsewhere.

best
Markus