[GRASS-user] r.sun and XY locations

Christian Braun Christian.Braun at tudor.lu
Wed Aug 8 07:39:20 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I want to create a WPS module which is calculating solar irradiance. As WPS architecture I have to use PyWPS which is creating a XY-location and mapsets on the fly to process the data.

What is the current status of running r.sun in a XY location? On a testing machine I got back an error message [1] while providing latitude and longtiude grids to the r.sun command [2]. Is it feasible at all?

I am aware of the setting in PyWPS to have the GRASS processing done in a predefined GRASS location, but this is not an option because of how the WPS should work.

Greetings from Luxembourg,
Christian

[1]
WARNING: <PROJ_INFO> file not found for location <XY>
ERROR: Can't get projection info of current location

[2]
r.sun -s elevin=ro_dsm latin=ro_latitude longin=ro_longitude lin=3 alb=0.17 beam_rad=ro_irra_B_hc diff_rad=ro_irra_D_hc glob_rad=ro_irra_G_hc day=180 step=1

Christian Braun
R+D Engineer
Environmental Modelling, Geocomputation

Tel: +352- 425991-6608
Mobil: +49-179-6845896
Mail: christian.braun at tudor.lu

Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies,
Public Research Centre Henri Tudor,
Technoport Schlassgoart,
66 rue de Luxembourg,
P.O. BOX 144,