[GRASS-user] creating two new maps from one existing raster

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:09:25 PDT 2012

Hi all,
i have a raster that i simply want to split in two along a line designated
by me, thereby creating two separate rasters.  i have attempted to digitize
using v.digit, displaying the raster and drawing a line around the area of
interest.  i go through the motions of what i think is closing the line,
then save and exit.  but v.info shows no data attached to this new vector,
and when i try to display, nothing shows up.

can anyone tell me how to make 2 rasters out of my 1 along a user specified
line, or how to successfully digitize this?
thank you,
Janet