[GRASS-user] Problem with Shape import - v.in.ogr crashed

Valentin Wittich vwittich at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:18:11 PDT 2012

Hi all, I need help with a simple function. I tried to import a Shape file
with v.in.ogr and as result the function crashed / aborted (core dumped).

I tried the following simple command:

/*v.in.ogr --o dsn=./Importfile.shp out=import*
Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match
Layer: Importfile
Counting polygons for 164 features...
Importing map 164 features...
 100%
Building topology for vector map <import_tmp>...
Registering primitives...
v.in.ogr: index.c:159: RTreeInsertRect1: Assertion `r->boundary[i] <=
r->boundary[3 + i]' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)/

In general the import works pretty good, I seam that something with the
topology of this particular Shape goes wrong. *Any idea how get the import
working or to solve the topology of the file?
*

Regards Valentin

-----

Geographical web design  - vsign.de