[GRASS-user] Problem with Shape import - v.in.ogr crashed

Eric Momsen eric.momsen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:16:42 PDT 2012

> Okay it seems like GRASS 7 is one solution... it imports the Shape file.
> Even
> though a few polygons didn't make it but they probably caused the problem.
>
> As I still wanted to work with GRASS 6.4.2 it was now a little tricky to
> get
> the GRASS 7 file (topology 5.1 what ever...) into a GRASS 6.4.2. The
> easiest
> way I figured out was again over the export and import of a shape file.

Sounds like I am too far behind on my reading to help this time, but in
case you need to do it again:  You should be able to open your regular
location/mapset with GRASS 7, do the import, exit from GRASS 7, then start
again with GRASS 6.  Run v.build (or v.build.all if there are a lot of
imported maps), and you are ready to go.

Regards,
Eric