[GRASS-user] new wxGUI feature: Map Swipe

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 06:40:44 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 07/12/12 11:05, Anna Kratochvílová wrote:
>>
>> I added the 'mirror' option to the map swipe tool (r54232). It was
>> much easier than to implement it for map displays.
>

> Just tested it. Nice !
>
> However, IIUC, it is not the same thing as zooming to the same view in two
> maps, as here you adjust the maps automatically so that one "fits" right
> next to the other, i.e. that there is a continuation from one map to the
> other. But I cannot center on the same spot in both maps, or ?

I am not sure if you are talking about the 'swipe' mode (the original
one) or the 'mirror' mode (the new one).
Please see the screenshots on wiki page, I added one with the mirror mode.

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WxGUI_Map_Swipe#Disaster_analysis

The new mode is not tested much so if it is not working for you,
report me the problems.

Thanks for your testing,
Anna