[GRASS-user] Introducing myself and my first questions

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 00:13:28 PST 2012

Thanks Daniel,

This really helps. I understand it more, not all ;)

I started creating the slope and aspect files first using:
r.slope.aspect elevation="w001001 at temp" slope="slope" aspect="aspect"
format="degrees" prec="float" zfactor=1.0 min_slp_allowed=0.0
But this didn't work. It took 0 seconds and I got empty data files.
I can view my input file so I assume that it is good.
Reading the manual doesn't give me any clues what I'm doing wrong.

My input file contains several houses so slope and aspect can be calculated.

Any new pointers are much appreciated.

Paul

 *Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager