[GRASS-user] Re: winGrass, ODBC and MS Access database

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Wed Feb 1 10:41:24 EST 2012

Dear GRASS user list,

tried to read a Microsoft Access database with GRASS 6.4.1 (installed with
QGIS 1.7.0) on a Windows XP system. Now I get an error message "odbc.exe"
when I try to use v.external, db.in.ogr or v.in.ogr. A data source name is
created with the MS ODBC administrator.

What I am wondering about is the error message. Searched for "odbc.exe" on
my system and did not find one. But there is a "odbcad32.exe" instead.

There seem to be some older attempts with ODBC connections to ORACLE. But as
I also could not find any hint, that anybody succeeded in using ODBC
database via OGR,  I suspect now, that this is not possible.

Appreciate any comments or hints.
Thanks + Kind regards,
Christine