[GRASS-user] Merge vector table with .dbf file [NHDPlus]

Stephen Sefick sas0025 at auburn.edu
Wed Feb 1 10:47:43 EST 2012

Thanks for the help.  What I ended up doing is reading the .dbf files
into R with the foreign packages read.dbf; merged the data together on
the COMID; wrote out the data with write.dbf; connected it to the
vector with v.db.connect; and all is well.  Again many thanks for your
help.

Stephen

On Wed 01 Feb 2012 08:47:37 AM CST, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 01/02/12 13:42, Stephen Sefick wrote:
>> All:
>>
>> I have the national hydrography dataset plus [NHDPlus]. The data came
>> with a rather limited table of information by design. I would like to
>> add a table with stream line attributes to the vector table. There is a
>> common ID called COMID. I just want to merge the two tables together on
>> COMID. How do I do this? I have thought of just merging the two tables
>> together pre-import? Many thanks for any help.
>

> Try db.in.ogr + v.db.join in a mapset with an SQL backend, e.g. SQLite
> instead of dbf.
>
> Moritz

Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
Biological Sciences
331 Funchess Hall
Auburn, Alabama
36849
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman