[GRASS-user] Buffered categories

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Feb 23 05:34:25 EST 2012

On 23/02/12 09:24, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I feel like I'm being thick, but ...
>
> v.buffer creates a map in which all centroids are assigned the same
> category value (ie, 1). How do I assign a unique category value to all
> centroids?

If you just want to assign any values: v.category.

If you create buffers around points which have category values and you
would like to assign those values to the buffers, you can then (after
v.category) do something like this:

v.db.addtable yourbuffers
v.db.addcol yourbuffers col="pointcat int"
v.distance from=yourbuffers to=yourpoints  dmax=0 upload=cat column=pointcat

Moritz