[GRASS-user] Grass 6.4.2 on Ubuntu 11.10

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 05:21:27 EST 2012

Marco:
> is it known when Ubuntu and GRASS repos will be updated?
> I'm interested in a debian repo providing GRASS 6.4.2

I could build you something now, but it may be slow and broken.

I don't really want to manually build experimental packages for all Ubu
versions, both 32 and 64 bit, (too many!) but if there are a bunch of
people all wanting "11.10 in 64bit" or similar flavour if you ask nicely
I might be able to set up a virtual machine and build them for you. (but
again, they may be slow and broken)
Since this crosses the border into inefficient time sink-land, you'd owe
me a beer. (a small donation to the GRASS paypal general fund would do too)

alternately (preferably), you might try to build them on your own, see
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/debian/README.debian

or just wait a little while longer while we sort out the official
packages..

thanks,
Hamish