[GRASS-user] GUI command works, but not the command copied in the CLI

PuffDany daniel.kaeser at unine.ch
Mon Feb 27 06:58:40 EST 2012

Hello

It's strange... I can run a command from the WxPython GUI, but if I try
running exactly the same command in the command console (through a
copy/paste), it fails.

The command is r.in.arc (also found in the menu File/Import raster.../ESRI
ASCII grid import). The only way to make the command line work is to put the
input file in my username's folder (OS: Windows Vista). However, I wish to
be able to work with the command line interface and choose the location and
path of this input file.

Thanks for any suggestions.
PuffDany

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4514528/Printscreen.jpg

The error message I get is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\GRASS64\GRASS
6.4.2\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\prompt.py", line 1105, in
OnKeyPressed

self.parent.RunCmd(cmd)
  File "C:\GRASS64\GRASS
6.4.2\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\goutput.py", line 523, in
RunCmd

task = menuform.GUI(show = None).ParseCommand(command)
  File "C:\GRASS64\GRASS
6.4.2\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\menuform.py", line 1766, in
ParseCommand

raise gcmd.GException, _("Unable to parse command '%s'") % '
'.join(cmd)
gui_modules.gcmd
.
GException
:
Unable to parse command 'r.in.arc input=G:\Data\GIS
projects\GRASSdata\Emmental\PERMANENT\srtm.txt output=srtm8'