[GRASS-user] cs2cs Command Syntax Check

L. Prevett prevettl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:12:45 EST 2012

That'll work. You just need the file name at the end of the command.
The lon-lat coords should be in a text file, one on a line, separated
by a space.

Check against some known conversions just to be sure. For instance,
you can check with Ruby Dome coords at the wikipedia page.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Dome
Click on the coordinates which will give decimal, dms, utm coords.
(The datum is wgs84, but at least you can check the syntax against
some known conversions.)

Note that you don't need to be in a grass session to run cs2cs.

It's great. Check the man page for the other command line switches.

hth

L. Prevett