[GRASS-user] digitising area crashes GRASS in wx GUI

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 1 16:30:40 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Shane Litherland
<litherland-farm at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> this seems to be a serious thing!
>
> wxGUI, ubuntu 10.04, GRASS 6.4.2RC2;

where did you get this from? Self-compiled?

> I created a new vector 'testing_vectors' for troubleshooting.
> obviously it was empty to start with.
>
> I chose 'digitize' from the listbox on top-right of map display window,
> then selected the vector from listbox that appears with digitizing
> tools.
>
> I proceeded to select 'area' tool, and draw an area. when I used the
> right-mouse click to finish/close the area, GRASS crashed (as in all
> windows shut down, disappeared, only the terminal that I used to start
> GRASS was still there, no messages or anything in it).

I have tested the digitizer these days from 6.4.svn and it worked ok.
Martin has done some optimizations in the past 48 hours :)

If you compile yourself, consider to switch to the 6.4.x release branch
version (stable), which continuously receives bugfixes, using
the command:

svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4
grass64_release

If you could work with that, we know if there are still unfixed bugs left.

thanks
Markus