[GRASS-user] digitising area crashes GRASS in wx GUI

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 8 06:25:44 EST 2012

Hi Markus,

I guess, yes, it was self compiled...?

i.e. downloaded compressed file from GRASS website, unzipped and
installed via terminal commands, along with suitable other packages as
per info in the readme's or on GRASS or Ubuntu websites.

I'm not doing it completely from scratch with binaries though.. as far
as I can tell ;-)

And it's not from Ubuntu repositories, 6.4.1 seems to be what's
available for my OS (too old!)

If you want more detailed steps of my setup, I'd kept some notes
somewhere in a text file about how i did it, can paste/email if wanted
(about a page of notes?)

I'll move towards using the svn release, but the reason I haven't done
so previously is that I didn't want to be working with something 'live'
in effect. I usually find out problems with GRASS when working on my own
data, not just testing GRASS on sample data, so thought sticking to
stable releases or RC's would reduce likelihood of me having corrupted
data with crashes etc. But to date, the most common suggestion to fix
any problem I 'find' in a stable release, is to upgrade to a RC or
svn... I guess others know better... ;-)

cheers,
shane.