[GRASS-user] digitising area crashes GRASS in wx GUI

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 12 06:27:51 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Shane Litherland
<litherland-farm at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I guess, yes, it was self compiled...?
>
> i.e. downloaded compressed file from GRASS website, unzipped and
> installed via terminal commands, along with suitable other packages as
> per info in the readme's or on GRASS or Ubuntu websites.

This is not fulyl clear to me - which package did you take?
Did you use the gcc compiler etc?

> If you want more detailed steps of my setup, I'd kept some notes
> somewhere in a text file about how i did it, can paste/email if wanted
> (about a page of notes?)

Just which file you took and the next 2 steps are enough.

> I'll move towards using the svn release, but the reason I haven't done
> so previously is that I didn't want to be working with something 'live'
> in effect.

The releasebranch_6_4 is not much "live" but just receiving bugfixes.
So it is not a moving target.

> I usually find out problems with GRASS when working on my own
> data, not just testing GRASS on sample data, so thought sticking to
> stable releases or RC's would reduce likelihood of me having corrupted
> data with crashes etc.

The releasebranch_6_4 is "just" the last RC + subsequent bugfixes.
Aiming at stability...

Markus