[GRASS-user] i.ortho.photo

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 3 19:43:29 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM, Alassane Toure <atourej at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear GRASS users,
> I need help on how to use "i.ortho.photo" to orhto-rectify satellite
> imagery.

Unfortunately you can only orthorectify aerial images (they have central
projection while line scanner satellite images have not...).

Sorry for no better answer (we got a new module promised by a researcher
but it hasn't been published yet to my knowledge...).

Markus

PS: Maybe interesting for orthorectificatio of aerial images:

"Robust rectification of aerial photographs in an Open Source environment"
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2011.06.002