[GRASS-user] setting initial region boundaries / info from spatialreference.org

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Jan 10 17:31:49 EST 2012

Hello,
for my projects I often have to create several locations: 1 in wgs84
lat/lon for importing data, another for the actual target projection
(e.g. ETRS89)).

One thing I always would like to have is the option to configure region
extend and resolution setting by the projection default values in the
location wizard.

The default values would be the maximum extended defined by the
projection. With ETRS, for example, we would use:

Projected Bounds: 2426378.0132, 1528101.2618, 6293974.6215, 5446513.5222
see: http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/3035/

This small helper would be of a lot of benefit when creating new
locations that shall receive reprojected features from another one.

What do you think?

Worth to add as feature request?

As a sidenote:
Could anyone please help me with the always useful info from
spatialreference.org?

In which order are the corner coordiates for WGS84 Bounds & Projected
Bounds listed?
I suppose W, E, S, N.
Could you confirm?
I may this hint be added to the portal or is is some kind of standard?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Timmie