[GRASS-user] How to import as vector?

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:49:54 EST 2012

Thank you for the suggestions! Yes, it will be a lot of work and time
consuming to digitize it. I was also suggested to use Inkscape to autotrace
it and save it in (svg). However, saving it as (svg) does not help because
'v.in.ogr' does not seem to import that format. I even saved it as (dxf)
but the import failed –nothing showed up after importing it as vector
layer– with 'v.in.ogr' and 'v'in.dxf'.

Is there a separate module for importing (svg) files or should I use a
different file extension?

Thank you,

Bulent

--