[GRASS-user] Vector Overlay Map Disappears in 3D View

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 12 15:16:49 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>  I really need to get this one simple map produced and sent to my client
> today so your help is appreciated.
>
>  There's a lake map layer that's visible in the 2D view (see attachment #1)
> that is not visible on the 3D view (see attachment #2). Why is this? More
> importantly, how do I make that map visible in the 3D view since it's a key
> feature in this project?

I am pretty sure that the 3rd point is simply falling "under" the DEM.
Did you check from there in NVIZ, too? And did you check the
z coordinates? (easiest done with v.out.ascii in case of points).

There is a checkbox in the vector submenu where you can enforce
the points to "sit" on the DEM.

Hope this helps,
Markus