[GRASS-user] Vector Overlay Map Disappears in 3D View

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 16 18:00:14 EST 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012, Hamish wrote:

> ... but tcl/tk nviz happily lets you load multiple rasters at once.

Hamish,

   I must be invoking nviz incorrectly as I run out of memory with 4G on this
system and 182M free. I call nviz this way:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):~/grassdata/Oregon/beaver_lake > nviz
elev=aber5m,mompano_rast vector=streets,streams points=proj_pts

and see no way to specify colors, symbols, or sizes for the vector and
points file. Regardless, this is the result:

  100%
  100%
Translating colors from raster map <aber5m at beaver_lake>...
  100%
  100%
  100%
Translating colors from raster map <mompano_rast at beaver_lake>...
  100%
Vector map <streets at beaver_lake> loaded (926 features)
Vector map <streams at beaver_lake> loaded (896 features)
Vector map <proj_pts at beaver_lake> loaded (5 points)
Error in startup script: couldn't fork child process: not enough memory
     while executing
"exec $src_boot/bin/g.gisenv X3D_WIDTH"
     (procedure "Nv_makeGUI" line 41)
     invoked from within
"Nv_makeGUI $Nv_(AREA)"
     invoked from within
"if { [Nv_makeGUI $Nv_(AREA)] == 1 } {
   exit
}"
     (file "/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script" line
1061)

   Why are the raster files loaded twice each? What can I do to allow nviz to
do its thing?

Thanks,

Rich