[GRASS-user] Vector Overlay Map Disappears in 3D View

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 15 14:30:30 EST 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012, Hamish wrote:

> dunno about the wxGUI 3D view, but tcl/tk nviz happily lets you load
> multiple rasters at once. v.to.rast with the value = the elevation on
> the lake and load it up as a secondary map. set the transparency to less
> than opaque and the color to a constant blue for a cool effect. you may
> need to play around to get the surrounding nulls to be invisible, but I
> know that's possible.

Hamish,

   Something here is not working properly; I'll probably need to re-import
the data for the lakes map and start over. For some reason the one lake
(actually, reservoir) appears to be a line rather than a polygon boundary.
When I convert the vector map to raster it does not appar on the output.

   I tried converting a copy of that map from boundary to face but that made
no difference; didn't try line to boundary because it's only the one lake on
the map that displays differently and doesn't convert to a raster.

Regards,

Rich