[GRASS-user] m.viz.image Command Line

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 17 12:09:50 EST 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Martin Landa wrote:

> you don't need to specify `elevation_value`. This parameter defines
> constant plane surfaces (with fixed height). You need to specify other
> surface-related parameters with given number of options. Eg.
>
> m.nviz.image elevation_map=elevation,roadsmajor out=elev
> mode=fine,fine resolution_fine=6,6 resolution_coarse=9,9
> style=surface,surface shading=gouraud,gouraud
> wire_color=136:136:136,136:136:136

Martin,

   It's a good idea to get this working one part at a time. So I copied the
above into a shell script and changed the elevation_map names to the
specific ones I need to use. I'm still getting the same error:

   Script:

m.nviz.image elevation_map=aber5m,mompano_rast out=elev
mode=fine,fine resolution_fine=6,6 resolution_coarse=9,9
style=surface,surface shading=gouraud,gouraud
wire_color=136:136:136,136:136:136

produces,

GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):~/grassdata/Oregon/beaver_lake > ./trial.sh
ERROR: Inconsistent number of attributes (<elevation_map/elevation_value>
        2: <mode> 1)

   In another message you wrote about a patch in the most current build. Is
that for 6.5 or 6.4? If the former, I'll grab the most recent from the svn
server and rebuild.

Thanks,

Rich