[GRASS-user] Categorize vector map and print with color gradient

Steffen John steffen at komoot.de
Mon Jan 23 09:18:54 EST 2012

Hi List!
I'm facing some problems while printing a vector map. I have a map with
a polygon grid with a number in one column (this is a count of points
which lies within each grid cell).
I would like to print this vector map with a colour gradient e.g. from
white to blue. The categorisation should be done automatically with a
specific mode (e.g. natural breaks, quantiles) and the number of classes
has to be customisable.

Is there is possibility/function which does this with a vector layer as
input?

I have found a workaround with raster maps, but even there was no
possibility for an automatic classification (at least I didn't find).

Thanks in advance!