[GRASS-user] d.vect struggles on Map.Render() for 'larger' vectors

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 28 01:40:25 EST 2012

Hi all,

a little more strangeness - I happened to open up a vector of work i'd
done for last season's weeds on our property. it also now takes awhile
(many seconds, but not several minutes) to load/render, whereas
previously (i'd say 6.4.1, mid-late last year, was the last time I'd
looked at that particular vector) it would have displayed almost
instantly.
I noted it was loading with defaults of all vector feature types
checked. I found by unchecking 'area' option in vector properties let it
display much more promptly.

Yet a reasonably-sized aerial image I use as background raster for
almost all my GRASS stuff, used to take several seconds to load and now
loads at least as quick, if not slightly quicker.

This is now using 6.4 svn, currently updated to ver50505 today.

I guess if it's not happening for others, it's pointing more to
non-GRASS configuration on my own box?

regards,
shane.