[GRASS-user] Grass 6.4.2 download

Chad Oliver ccoliver76 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 03:12:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

My name is Chad, and I'm completely new to Grass.  I'm not sure if this is
the forum to ask beginner's questions, but I'll give it a go.

I'm having trouble downloading Grass 6.4.2 on my home computer.  I've
downloaded it on all of our work computers without any problems (including
Windows Vista, XP), but it's not working on my home computer.

When I double click on the desktop icon, or try to open it directly from
program files, a window flashes up for a split second and disappears.

When I go to 'Grass 6.4.2 Command Line' I get the following:
'g.dirseps' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
'C:\GRASS\etc\winlocale' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file.
'g.gisenv' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
'C:\GRASS\etc\set_data' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file.
'C:\GRASS\etc\echo' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Can anybody help?

Chad