[GRASS-user] Grass 6.4.2 download

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 03:28:22 PDT 2012

Hello Chad,
I assume You are trying to run it on MS Windows.

Please check following - does Your home folder path contains any
non-latin letters? If yes, try to create a new Windows user i.e.
"grass" and run GRASS from there.

Also worth to check if Your antivirus program / malware defence system
doesn't block GRASS installation (disable antivirus and any Defence+
type system and reinstall GRASS). I have had various strange issues
caused by Comodo AV when installing GRASS or QGIS. Best way - disable
for a moment Comodo AV and Defence+, run install as Administrator,
enable AV back.

Report more information if none of this helps.
Maris.