[GRASS-user] sqlite-db broken?

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Jul 16 07:02:53 PDT 2012

Hi,

after some search in the internet, it seems
the sqlite doesn't work very well with samba-network
drives (mounted via cifs). There is somehow
an issue with the locking of the db.

Does anyone have experience with using GRASS/SQLITE
on a cifs-mounted GRASS location?

What I found is following mount-option:

nobrl
Do not send byte range lock requests to the server. This is necessary for certain applications that break with cifs style mandatory byte range locks (and most cifs servers do not yet support requesting advisory byte range locks).

But I am not really sure if this will work or even destroy something.
So I'll let that judge some expert of you!

cheers,

Johannes

-------- Original-Nachricht --------