[GRASS-user] language settings

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 18 05:07:30 PDT 2012

Hi Esther,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Esther Eva Amler <s5esamle at uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> I'm totally new with GRASS and this mailing list so I don't know if this is
> the right space for my question (if not, maybe you know where it is?)...
> I just installed GRASS on my german language notebook and it runs nice, but
> unfortunately the GUI is in german. although I really like the idea of
> spreading the software in different languages i really need it in english.
> anybody knows how to change these settings or whom to ask? thanks in advance
> for help.

amuzingly I was looking into this again this morning. We have added a
language selector in GRASS 7:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/879
"Add a 'change language' option in GRASS GUI"

but it needs the backport to GRASS 6. Also from my point of view that's
important to have available for the next 6.4.3 release.

Markus