[GRASS-user] language settings

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Wed Jul 18 14:25:04 PDT 2012

Esther Eva Amler wrote

> I just installed GRASS on my german language notebook and
> it runs nice, but unfortunately the GUI is in german.
> although I really like the idea of spreading the software
> in different languages i really need it in english.
> anybody knows how to change these settings or whom to ask?
> thanks in advance for help.

Try to change the regional settings of your system
(suppose you are working with windows):
Start menu > Configuration > System settings > regional settings

[in a german language version: Start menu > Einstellungen >
Systemsteuerung > Regions- und Sprachoptionen]

I remember doing this and it worked for me.

Regards, Christine