[GRASS-user] Problem installing GRASS Addons

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 19:05:13 PDT 2012

Regie wrote:
>   I have been trying to install the GRASS AddOns (in particlar I'd like
> to install i.landsat.toar) but no luck so far. I've done lots of searches
> on the web but no solution has worked for me. I've installed GRASS 6.4.2
> (from the UbuntuGIS unstable repository) on Ubuntu 12.04. I tried
> installing the AddOns using the GUI.

David:
> Hi, I had the same problem and the only way that I could find in order to
> install Grass Addons on Ubuntu, was compiling Grass from source.

Hi,

I am probably the one to fix that.  Could you give me some more details
please:

* this is the version with "grass-core" and "grass-gui" packages, yes?
* is the "grass-dev" package installed? it is needed.
* what is the exact error message you get? (full cut and paste is best)
* Are you using g.extension from the command line, or from the wxGUI?
  (they are different)
* if you look in the /usr/lib/grass64/include/Make/Platfrom.make file,
do GRASS_HOME and RUN_GISBASE point to /usr/lib/grass64 or somewhere else?

If the grass-dev package _is_ installed, please file a bug in the trac
system for this with as much info as possible:
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/newticket

(newer versions of the 6.4.2 package will give you a warning when you
try to use g.extension.sh from the command line without the grass-dev
package installed; I still need to add the deb patch for g.ext.py ver)

thanks,
Hamish