[GRASS-user] about resampling DEMs and DEM-derived parameters

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:35:52 PDT 2012

Hi all.

The other day something popped on my mind, which I think could end in some research paper, but
before I venture into it I decided to ask you guys about it. I did some googling and got nothing.

So, considering a large area DEM: if I want its derivatives (slope, aspect, etc) in large-scale (larger than
the original DEM), which one is best, to resample the DEM and then calculate the derivatives, or to calculate
the derivatives and resample them? Much difference expected? The same?

best

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://carlosgrohmann.com (http://carlosgrohmann.com/)
Can’t stop the signal.