[GRASS-user] Personalised raster alghoritm (simple: area)

Antonello Lobianco antonello at lobianco.org
Tue Jun 12 00:18:06 PDT 2012

Hello everybody on the list!

  I am a "occasional" grass gis user and I'm stuck with a relatively simple
task: I have a high-res vector layer describing only one category (Corine
Land Cover map for "broad-leaved forests", 311) and I want to rasterise it
in a low-res 8-by-8 km raster map where the value stored on each cell is
the area (or, that's the same, the share of the area) that the vector cover
within that cell.
So each pixel/cell would have a value ranging from 0 (no broad-leaved
forest at all) to 64 (all the area of the pixel is covered by
broaded-leaved forests).
I already managed to get the region with the right cell dimension, add the
area geometry to the vector and load it in grass, but I don't know now how
to rasterize it (v.to.raster seems to me to not offer the option to put the
area, but only a specific catgegory, but maybe I am wrong??).

Thank you for any hint you could provide me.

Antonello

--
Antonello Lobianco
INRA, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestière