[GRASS-user] How one can find the starting and end point of a line in a vector file or how one can connect two line end to end using C code

ivan marchesini ivan.marchesini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 04:14:37 EST 2012

don't know if can help but v.to.db give you coordinates of starting and
ending points of vector lines

to connect them I use v.edit

this is my pythin code

    startc=grass.read_command("v.to.db", flags="p", map="myline",
type="line", option="start", units="meters" , quiet=True)
    startx=float(startc.split("|")[1])
    starty=float(startc.split("|")[2])
    startz=float(startc.split("|")[3])
    endc=grass.read_command("v.to.db", flags="p", map="myline",
type="line", option="end", units="meters")
    endx=float(endc.split("|")[1])
    endy=float(endc.split("|")[2])
    endz=float(endc.split("|")[3])

    tmpfile = grass.tempfile()
    pfile = open(tmpfile, 'w')
    print>> pfile, "L", "2", "1"
    print>> pfile, startx, starty, startz
    print>> pfile, endx, endy, endz
    print>> pfile, "1", i
    pfile.close()
    grass.run_command("v.edit", input=tmpfile, flags="n", tool="add",
map="mynewline", snap="node", thresh="1")

hope this help

Ivan

Il giorno sab, 03/03/2012 alle 11.24 +0530, SWAPAN GHOSH ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Any one can solve me the problem like-" How one can find the starting
> and end point of a line in a vector file or how one can connect two
> line end to end using C code". If there is any change needed in code
> like C or  Python Script please suggest me. How I can do it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Swapan

Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.
Please try to avoid to send me .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt files.
I prefer free formats.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formato_aperto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_format

Ivan Marchesini