[GRASS-user] Re: Grass 6.4.2 on Ubuntu 11.10

barikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:59:54 EST 2012

Hi,
As a follow-up on this issue, and as a person who never installed GRASS on
Linux, I wanted to ask the Forum if there is a version of GRASS 6.x that
will run on 32-bit system, which has a similar look to the most recent Unix
interface. I installed 6.4.2 from the US Tier#2 web site of GRASS (the link
gave the date of 2009) but I am sure that the interface looked archaic. It
is important that the version is free of bugs since it will be used for a
workshop designed for beginners. I will appreciate your suggestions.

* I also installed GRASS 7 but there are issues with vector import and basic
analyses.

Bulent