[GRASS-user] r.what.rast.buffer crash

NicolaiK nicolaikaarsen at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:05:32 EST 2012

Hi there!

I just started using GRASS GUI a few days ago so please bear with me if this
is a newbie question (tried searching on forums etc. but could not find a
solution).

I want to use r.what.rast.buffer to calculate the average of a raster within
a buffer from points. When I run the addon it produces the following output:

v.what.rast.buffer.bat --verbose input=epoint at climate
raster=wetavr_raster at climate buffer=100 output=C:\Users\okonk\test2
[wetavr_raster at climate]
v.what.rast.buffer --  epoint at climate -> wetavr_raster at climate @ 100 m
Using resolution from: wetavr_raster at climate
Extracting [wetavr_raster at climate] at [epoint at climate]

At this point the computer hangs and Windows gives me a "v.out.ascii.exe has
stopped working - a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"
message. When I click "close program" the command output says "done!" but
the output ascii file is empty.

Thanks in advance!

Nicolai