[GRASS-user] Possible bug in r.sum and in r.stats?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 8 18:16:14 EST 2012

Rainer M Krug wrote:

> As some commands do use the region and mask, while others don't, it might be a good idea to make
> this clear in the manual - I know, it is stated if they do, but not if they don't.

I would expect it to be the other way around. Most raster modules
respect the current region and mask, because it happens automatically.
Modules which don't want to use the current region have to explicitly
set the working region (typically based upon an input map); modules
which don't want inputs to be masked have to explicitly disable
masking.

As a general guideline, you should expect any module which actually
processes raster data to honour the current region and mask (r.info
isn't such a module; it just display's the map's metadata).