[GRASS-user] Re: postgreSQL import (Patrick S.)

Patrick S. patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Wed Mar 14 07:00:26 EDT 2012

Just found the problem with PostgreSQL-import:

If the postGIS-layer has multiple geometries (in my case, centroid and
polygon), it will be viewed with "db.tables -p", but not imported
through "v.in.ogr". Error is misleading as it says "Layer not
available". Workaround, was a copy of the layer with only one geometry.
Would be great to be able to select though, e.g. as done in QGIS.

patrick

Message: 4