[GRASS-user] Emacs grass-mode.el

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Mar 16 18:09:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have posted Version 0.001 of my Emacs grass-mode.el on Bitbucket. A
few caveats are in order:

- I have limited grass experience; I don't yet really know what kind
of use-cases make the most sense.
- I have used ESS a lot. grass-mode is quite anemic in comparison. If
you're expecting ESS, you will be disappointed.
- I work on Debian Linux, I have no idea how portable this is. I tried
to capture all the key OS-specific items in configuration variables,
but this is tested only on my machine.
- I don't use Emacs' menus or toolbars, so I haven't added anything
there; it's just text

That should cover it. The files GETTING-STARTED and grass.emacs
should, in theory, provide you with the information you need to set
this up. You will also have to install yas/snippets separately, you
can get it here:

  http://capitaomorte.github.com/yasnippet/index.html

If you've used bitbucket, cloning the project to
~/.emacs.d/grass-mode/ will give you a mirror of what I have on my
machine. Otherwise, check the details in grass.emacs to get everything
pointed at whichever location you do use.

If you don't want to use mercurial, you can download a zip file with
the whole project directly from bitbucket - there's a little icon on
the far right side of the webpage for this. Unzip the file, rename the
directory to grass-mode and drop it in ~/.emacs.d/ and see if you can
get it to work.

That's about it. Except for the webpage, which is here:

  https://bitbucket.org/tws/grass-mode.el

Cheers,

Tyler