[GRASS-user] Joining Two Adjacent Raster DEMs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 16 19:57:02 EDT 2012

   Two source DEMs each cover half the project analytical area. I want to
join the two into a single raster DEM. Tried using 'r.mapcalc dem_proj =
dem2 + dem3' but that did not produce anything visible. From reading
mapcalc.pdf and mapcalc-algebra.pdf I know the module is designed for
combining multiple raster maps cell-by-cell. I've not found how to
edge-match and join two rasters that do not have overlapping coverage.

   Please pass me a pointer to the appropriate module to use for this
operation.

TIA,

Rich