[GRASS-user] Re: Overcoming Error in v.in.e00

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 20 18:54:36 EDT 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> dbf seems to be the default database backend for this mapset.

Helmut,

   Yes, that must be what happened.

> what I would do:
>
> - create a new mapset

   I suspect what's happened is the automatic connection to the database was
lost so grass started without being aware of it. I've fixed that association
now so I'll re-import the map and then re-project it again.

> in grass7 the default vector database backend is sqlite.

   I like sqlite for single-user, embedded applications but use postgres for
more complex, multi-user applications.

Thanks,

Rich