[GRASS-user] How Does GRASS Handle PostgreSQL Database Name Change?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 22 09:14:25 EDT 2012

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Maris Nartiss wrote:

> it seems that You are looking for v.db.connect, as You need to reconnect
> existing vector data sets to a different database. (Or, if You are
> careful, just edit MAPSET/vector/MYMAP/dbln file.)

Maris,

   You may very well be correct. I have been looking at only the db.*
commands, not any v.* commands. It makes sense that one knows there are
multiple modules for manipulating map and attribute data when used before.
But, for those of us attempting new operations a cross-reference to all
relevant modules (in this case attribute database related) would be
extremely helpful.

> As goes for a GUI crash, please, report it in the issue tracker, as WXGUI
> shouldn't crash if DB connection information isn't correct.

   OK. I agree that the UI should be independent of module processing.

Rich